3rd October 2017: WFTU International Action Day For Refugees and Immigrants
ACTION DAY, IMMIGRATION, REFUGEES
The WFTU Secretariat, during its first meeting day held on 19 July 2017, unanimously decided to organize the International Action Day for the refugees and Immigrants on October 3rd, 2017.
The WFTU secretariat calls the trade unions in all countries to organize activities, strikes, demonstrations, rallies to express the firm, internationalist solidarity of the international class oriented trade union movement with the millions of immigrants, refugees and displaced persons who are forced to abandon their countries, their homes because of the capitalist its imperialist wars and conflicts.
The World Federation of Trade Unions with its anti-imperialist and internationalist position and action denounces the murderous and hypocritical policy of the European Union and its Governments and struggles for the elimination of the aggressiveness against the people of North Africa and the Middle East, for the dissolution of NATO and for the utilization of the natural resources by the people for their own interests and for the popular development that will bring the reconstruction and the prosperity of the people.
• The abolishment of the Dublin and the Schengen Treaty, the Frontex and all repressive mechanisms.
• Stopping the measures of the European Union for the repression at the borders.
• End now the imperialist interventions of EU-USA-NATO.
• Direct transfer of the refugees from the islands and the entry points to the countries of their final destination.
• Increase of the personnel and the infrastructure for the rescue, the record-identification, the housing, feeding, medical care and the safe transfer of the people. Decent housing for all refugees, education for their children under state responsibility.
• Creation of dignified centers of welcoming and hospitality
The international class oriented trade union movement on the occasion of 72th Anniversary of WFTU, denounces the imperialistic aggressiveness and we struggle for the smooth integration of our class brothers and sisters, the refugees and immigrants, in the local societies and the class oriented struggles.
Sparked by the events in Charlottesville a few weeks ago, a large coalition of clergy, individuals, and activists launched a 110+ mile march from Charlottesville to DC, to be followed by a sustained encampment and further actions in DC in the weeks ahead. The marchers are demanding the removal of officials who enable white supremacists, including President Trump, and the policies that embolden and protect them.
Jewish Voice for Peace is supporting the march and we're organizing a delegation of JVP members to join.
If you are planning to join the march or the DC action, please let us know by filling out this quick form here. You can join the march for just a day or two, or support the action in DC later in September. We'll connect you with other JVPers and support as best we can.
To get updates about the march, sign up to join, or to support with monetary or supply donations, head to their website at cville2dc.us.
You can also show your support in your community with a “We Will Defend Each Other” T-shirt. Sold at cost.
U.S. Peace Council.